Monday, March 13, 2006

What Do YOU Know About That?

Looks like TI's in a new movie called 'ATL' and it's about a bunch of kids from the ghetto trying to get rich and die trying, blah blah blah. I'll be seeing this movie in mute because as hot as TI is, I can't sit through these kinda movies. They're like the non-funny version of 'Half-Baked' or 'Next Friday'. The guns, the violence, the baby-mama drama, the cashmoneyhoes, the 24's; truth be told, that stuff annoys me.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the finer things in life, but there has to be a more desirable way to get all that without violence (guys) and sex (ladies). I hate that some people choose this type of life, not even to get a better life, but to just have all that shit to impress someone. I know alot of people think I'm shallow like that; I like the clothes and the luxury, but I also like fun. But what fun is it to have achieved Gucci shoes by killing someone or selling drugs? Seems alot to go through for shoes.

I also hate that this type of lifestyle puts a bad reputation for people who enjoy the finer things in life and that it suddenly means they're materialistic and shallow. Some people worked hard to earn all that. And yes, while I enjoy a man with a Benz or two, I'm not dating him for his cars. If I can't enjoy at least a repartee with someone, whether it be in a Benz or a Ford, it just won't work. In fact, I'm usually the one footing the bill on dates, especially if the guy drove a great deal just to see me. Also, I'd buy my own luxury items. If I can't afford to buy my own, sure as hell I'm not letting someone else buy it for me. So put that in your pipe and smoke it. I just felt like I had to put this out there because I know what's on people's mind. They think I need a guy who has a nice car or has money (which is bullshit, because whenever I my car it'll be hotter than theirs). And while I don't give a shit what people think, I feel as if I need to say this either way.

Brand-name labels don't necessarily label a person. For me, all the upscale lifestyle and the luxury goods are just for fun. It's not something I require and it's not something I take so seriously. Afterall, I wasn't raised on it so why would I need it to justify my being?

All I'm saying is that a hard-working girl should be able to have her Jimmy Choo's and eat her Kraft dinner too.

No comments: