Sunday, June 18, 2006

TGIWeekdays!

So I caved. I told myself I wouldn't see Tokyo Drift but I did. And I don't regret it. So much.

Last night I went with Nam, Kathy, Iljya and Alex to the drive-in to see The Break-Up and "Americanized Initial D", otherwise known as The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift.

Break-Up was good. It wasn't a romantic chick-flick as I had presumed. I liked how it really sends the message out that if a girl has to play games in her relationship and the man has to feel obligated to keep his chick happy---the relationship just won't work. Games are a sign that the relationship isn't meant to be and a man who has to be told and feel obligated to please his lady isn't really in the relationship with good intentions. Go see it if you can relate to either characters.

Tokyo Drift was OK because of the soundtrack, the cars, the races and Japan. The acting and actors sucked and they really should've used Edison Chen and/or Paul Walker because Edison Chen and Paul Walker are the sex. I got the soundtrack ahead of time and it's really good, mainly because they used mostly Japanese artists, like Teriyaki Boys, and other cool non-American bands, like Atari Teenage Riots. It was the least the movie-makers could've done for the third intallment of the Fast and Furious trilogy. I was surprised and pleased they didn't put one Bow Wow song on there.

I didn't mind watching the movies from a car, with the sound only coming from the radio (it's especially not bad when you have a car like Nam's with the amps and such). I don't prefer it over watching movies in a theatre and it was at a good price for two movies for $11. Thanks to Nam, I had a pounding headache from his amp and the fact that he had to turn it up whenever the races came on.

The drive-in was near the area I worked in last summer. While we stopped at Tim Horton's I actually saw some of the kids that were in my program. For the life of me, I could not remember any of their names. I'm truly losing it, people. I don't think they recognized me, and it was just as well because I didn't want to talk to them if I didn't remember their names (and I had just come from the beach and I was still wearing my bikini and short shorts). Oh well. Their names actually came to me when I came home at 3 am.

I didn't get to bed until 4 am, and then I had to wake up for tennis for 11 am with Kathy in Newmarket. Or so I thought. Not only is my memory failing, so are my eyes. It turns out we were supposed to meet the Lem/Lam Club for tournament at 1 pm, not 11. o_o Neither of us had sufficient sleep, and here we were fatigued, sweating like pigs and 2 hours too early for tennis! 2 extra hours of sleep we could've had. 2 hours we used instead to just sit and gossip at the park. Hahaha. Sorry, Kathy! I really should dissect my emails and read each word v e r y c a r e f u l l y.

2 hours of tennis, 1.5 hours at Pacific Mall, 1.5 hours of travel time and 1 hour of ice cream cake-scavenging sums up our day. *whew.

At least I have the rest of the week of nothing-ness to re-coop before next weekend.

No comments: