It's (not) funny how weird things just keep happening to me out of nowhere, especially this week. It's like all these bad things keep happening to me as a way for the universe to balance itself out. I hope it's having a blast doing it. Fuck,fuck, fuck.
It's almost 5am now, and I want to go to bed, so I'll try to quickly rewite Part I of my particularly eventful evening.
All day I was scrambling to get my costume ready for Whitney's halloween party. The dilemma of the week was deciding what to be, which was narrowed down to slutty angel or a Pussycat Doll. It was finally decided that I should be an angel. I couldn't find my wings so off I trooped to Square One (which by the way is completely useless when trying to find anything at the last minute) and the Buck or Two near my house. All that was in vain, because Sarah ended up lending me her wings (after I bought some teeny tiny ones for a whopping $2). Mel and I were trying to dream up some costumes, less than 5 hours to the party. Luckily I managed to find her a costume (less than $1!!) and it was all settled. And then, this is where the weird, messed up part of my life comes in.
It all started at dinnertime. We were eating crabs and my mom somehow got a piece of shell lodged in her throat. She tried to gag it out, which I think made it worse and cut her throat. Off the to Emergency Room we went.
In 4.5 hours, I managed to curse to myself bout where our tax dollars are going. Certainly not towards the hospitals. Especially not towards the Emergency Room ward. I somehow managed to entertain myself as I waited in the car in the 10-minute zone (too cheap and lazy to actually pay and park because we didn't know how long we'd be there) with the radio and people-watching. A couple of my observations:
- I happened to be parked in plain view of the garage where all the EMS trucks go from their deliveries. In the time I was there, 7 trucks came in. Like, half of them were seniors.
- A middle-aged man in a wheelchair sat outside, next to a No Smoking sign, with a loud radio in his lap for more than an hour. What the fuck. Makes me wonder if our tax dollars also help those with smoking-related health-issues. And if so, fuck I want my money back.
- I saw a woman in labour and that was probably the scariest thing I've seen in my life. I thought she was impaled with something in her body at first because of the wailing but, no. It was her contractions. Oh dear god, I'm never having children naturally. Fuck that shit. She looked like she was in the worst pain imaginable. And apparently it is. Yeah, I'm going Angelina Jolie-styles.
- An inmate was brought in, shackled and orange suit and everything! I really wanted to know what his story was. It was funny that they had a seperate waiting room for him. It was him and this other guy in handcuffs in this room.
- I was gazing at an aquarium and noticed a fish constantly swimming upside down. I thought that was odd, because aren't fishing swimming upside down dying?
Despite my attempts to stay in the car, and run back to the car every 10-minutes from seeking the warmth in the hopsital, I still managed to get myself a parking ticket. Bah.
As the hours were ticking by, it looked like I wouldn't be able to make the party. Which was such a shame. All that energy and time gone to waste.
We finally left the hospital at 1:15 am! However, the party was still on and I was determined to go.
Alright off to bed. G'nite.