Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Smoker v. The Steepster

^Hyori - "Toc Toc Toc" (Wouldn't it be awesome if Hyori became the Next Pussycat Doll? Yeah I admit I like it better than ANTM, cuz it's got dancing!)

Had my final midterm exam today -- Employment Law. Fuckin' fuck. I studied my ass off and not much of what I studied for was on there. Ever had one of those questions where you have absolutely no idea what the answer but you don't want to leave the question blank? So I pulled an answer straight out of my ass and it turned out to be so very wrong. I'm a little ashamed that I didn't leave the answer blank. Fuck me.

I decided to drown my sorrows in the company of Cuong and Nam this afternoon. I could've done some legal research for work, but I opted not to (I could do it now, but I'm still opting not to). We went out for some pho and we gabbed for a couple hours there (Cuong, shushing Nam: 'One-table voice, please.') and moved the gabfest to Cuong's. When it finally grew dark and my voice became hoarse, I decided it was time to leave -- four hours later. And if anyone knows about talking/arguing with either of them, the both of them together is enough to give me an aneurysm just from all the frustration (and laughter).

However, a resolution to Nam's smoking was finally panned out. For those who don't know, we've been trying to get Nam to quit his addiction. He contends that it is not an addiction and it's merely a hobby, something he likes to do. Something he wants to do. Me thinks he's confusing that with a physical addiction but of course, it's Nam and Nam always has to counteract my argument. He clearly failed Alex's first test(no smoking for 6 months for $50) after 10 days but he intends to prove that he can stop and go whenever he pleases. So the plan is to give him a period of time in which he can't smoke and see if he can last. If he can, perhaps that proves he can control his 'addiction'. If he can't, well, he admits he is physically addicted.

He says he needs someone to 'suffer' with him in order to do this. Neither Cuong nor I were willing to give up our own addictions (Cuong, video games; me, makeup, although I'd be willing to give it up if it wasn't for other reasons like work). The next victim? Alex. And his Tim Horton's steep tea (3 sugars, 3 milks) addiction. Question is, will he do it? So we called him up:

"Duuude, nooooooooo."

A half an hour of convincing later, it was decided that instead we would see who would go the longest without their addictions. The winner gets $50 (personally, I thought it should be something riskier, like one guy having to be the assistant to the other. He would fetch him coffees or siblings from school whenever he needed it done). I don't think this will even last 6 months but it'll sure be fun to watch. Can you tell I don't really have much faith that either of them are willing to commit to something like this for more than a month? A side pool needs to be started to see when the first person will crack.

I give it 10 days.

No comments: