Sunday, March 25, 2007

Go Getta

I can't stop yawning. I don't believe I've had at least 24 hours of sleep in the past 72 hours. I know I said I can't stop, won't stop, but I think I really need to slow down.

Crunch time is coming. Less than three weeks to the end of school, until I graduate. Ohhh shit. I've got so much shit to do, I don't even know where to start and so, I just don't start. Fuck fuck fuck.

Right now I'm sitting in the Toronto Public Library waiting for my friends/working on homework. I can't seem to concentrate because yawning takes a lot of energy out of me. The mocha I had earlier today is not working.

I look back on the past two days and I wonder where the hours have gone. On Friday, I worked 10.5 hours. It was a particularly busy day and I didn't even have time to eat lunch (until my boss forced a chicken Caesar salad on me). We had 4 real estate closings that day and I'm still amazed I was able to close them all, without a hitch. I'm so glad my boss finally appreciates what I do and we're currently in negotiations of my promotion and big, fat raise. I don't want to talk more about it for fear of jinxing it.

On Friday night, I went to Cantina Charlie's via SUV limo with thirteen other people. It was pretty damn sweet, I must say. I didn't bring my camera, as I soon realized that Vicki's friends are already paparazzos themselves. I hope to upload some of those pictures soon (Viiiiiicckkkkiiii!!!) because it was such a great night. Cantina Charlie's wasn't as bad as I was led to believe. It was pretty good and I soon realized I had been there before (back when it was called Oxygen). Oh, party memories, how I'm so fond of you. They had some promotion there and I got a pretty cool American Apparel t-shirt (one that actually fits! Not one of those "oh, we only have size L" things). Also, I may or may not be on TV shortly as they were filming a TV commercial and the camera was up in my face for a good portion of the night. I hope it's going to only be played on some obscure channel... particularly one my parents don't watch (preferably one I don't get). It's funny how I've always wanted to be on Electric Circus, but these days, not so much. After all, I've got a reputation to maintain (my co-workers don't need to know I'm a manizer).

Last night, I walked (yes, walked from Dixie and Eglinton to Kennedy and Eglinton) to Megan's house to chill. I guess you have to oblige to do that especially after your sister ran a 5k marathon and insists that the walk would be "nothing". Oh, my little legs are no comparison to my little, yet taller, sister's. I really don't know why I went (well, I guess to see friends) because I should've used that time to sleep---which is what I ultimately did during Pirates of the Carribean. LOL. We played Hoopla, an 'off-shoot' of Cranium, and soon realized that we do not make a good team (the game comprises of one team). It was a nice alternative to Poker. It was still fun though, especially when Kathy thought the Sahara Desert was in Egypt and made us guess the name of a desert in Egypt for like, 5 minutes. The Dunce cap goes off to Kathy. Hahaha.

I didn't want to walk home at 3 am so I took the $11.25 cab ride home and I have finally decided to get a car in the very near future. I really hate asking people for rides, even though I'd sooner drive anyone anywhere (within reason, but then again, I guess I do owe alot of people rides anyway). I guess I just don't want to seem like one of Those Girls who always have a chauffeur to rely on. Well I guess I am one of those girls, but it's not like I want to take advantage of it all the time. I've already got my 'car broker' on the job and she's on the lurk for my Acura RSX or something just as superfantastic in my price range. Huzzah!

Alright, I need to take a quick nap before my friends arrive. Adios.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lil, you were beyond dead on Saturday. It was hard to shift on the couch and your legs were killing my thighs. But that's okay, it was comfy.

Glad to hear about the potential raise. You deserve it.

See you in a month...*tear.

PS: If you got Alex's email...9% of the Sahara is in Egypt!

Anonymous said...

LOL.

Seriously, when Lil has no conscious control of her body, she's dead weight. Remember Algonquin and lifting her up into the boat?

And I guess we never really consider Egypt to be in Africa, per se... with all the "Middle East" talk we hear on the news, you'd think that it was an entire continent... thanks George Bush, for making us just a little more stupid.