Monday, October 02, 2006

So, noone told you Life was gonna be this way...

This morning I woke up at 6 am for my 8 am class. Only I didn't get up. I went back to bed. I decided that just this once I would take a day off from school, which is quite the shocker. I'm not usually the type who skips class unless it's for a really good reason (weather, and very rarely, illness) and not for a selfish reason, as I did this morning.

I just really did not feel like going to class so early (and so cold!) in the morning and then have to go to work right after. Just this once I decided that I owed it to myself to sleep in and miss class after only a month of starting school.

I think I'm starting to realize why people are amazed that I would even dare work and go to school at the same time. It's really burning me out. It's not because I'm overloaded at school (I'm really not, but assignments are starting to become due soon), it's more of the physical overload. It's the running around I have to do every week. School in the morning, bus down to work as I scarf down a meal, work until late into the night while I make the usual runs to the bank and post office for any closings. Not to mention that I have to get dressed up 4 times a week. AND I work on Saturdays. *sigh. And now, I'm being given more responsibility at work, like meeting with clients by myself and handling closings on my own. In some cases, it's good. In alot of cases, it's bad.

I really shouldn't complain because I should've seen this coming and I should appreciate all the experience I'm getting, but I really wonder if this is all worth it and if I should just quit (yes, of course it's worth it, Lil! Hours needed to graduate! The money! The job-security post graduation!). I'm not really the type to quit after I've committed to something, but I know many people who, if they were in my situation, would quit. Now I have to really wonder if it's to escape hard work or just common sense.

No comments: