Monday, April 03, 2006

Bring the Movement back to rap!

^High and Drunk: that's our charm
Okay, it's 10:36 am, I have an assignment due in two hours and I'm nowhere near ready dressed or even finished the assignment. FUCKKKKKED.
Got drunk on Saturday night, went out with the girls last night and everything in between is a blur. Is it strange that I still have a headache from Saturday? I'm one SAD drunk.
Right now I'm thinking of excuses to make for not finishing this assignment to my assignment partner because I'm really in no condition to finish...

I love you, eBay! I've been searching endlessly for a copy of Salt N Pepa's 1993 album, Very Necessary. I don't know why, but I finally decided to check out eBay because to find an orginal copy in stores is $$$. I found a copy in "excellent condtion" on eBay, for 5 bucks (!) and he happens to live in Markham (sweet, no shipping costs!).

Salt n Pepa was one of the first rap groups I listened to, and one of the few 'gangsta raps' I will listen to. I can't even think of a rap group today that consists of all females. The Women's Movement has failed for the 21st century. Instead of rapping in the videos, we're dancing and notoritized for our asses and assets. What a shame. Salt n Pepa was great in that they flaunted their sex lives, yet still demanded respect and were all about girl power. In fact, I "stole" one of the member's name, Spinderella, and I've been using it as my internet alias since I was de-virginized to the Internet.

I can't wait till I get this CD and bring me back to the good ol' days of '93.

No comments: