Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Go Jays Go

I can't really remember the last time I actually enjoyed watching a baseball game. I have been to a Blue Jays game, back when the Skydome was officially called the Skydome. I remember I was way up in the nose-bleed section, so I don't recall paying much attention to the game. The Toronto Blue Jays probably lost that day. In fact, it's likely they did.

I'm not a big fan of baseball, even though I play it almost every weekend now. Watching it is the worst. So slow, so boring, so blah. Oddly enough, I accepted an invitation to go a baseball game last night with Davis. I think I was just in the mood to do anything and because the Jays happened to be playing the New York Yankees (Derek Jeter what what). And what better night it was than last night to watch a baseball game in some really good seats, on a nice evening with the dome down. The Jays even won (3-2) but it was a pretty tight game.

We came in at about the fifth inning. We were in no rush to see the beginning of the game since nothing really happened until the fifth inning. It was perfect timing too because we came just in time to see this:

And in case you don't know Chinese, basically they said "Aaron Hill owned the Yankees". Our seats were just behind the home base, so it was really a perfect view of that play.

I've been to hockey games and basketball games, but this was the first time I'd been to a baseball game...where it was packed (surprisingly). Hockey fans are mostly just angry and basketball fans are a bit more nonchalant. I think baseball fans have the oddest personalities. First of all, they like watching something as dull as baseball. Second of all, they say the craziest things at the players: "Swing, battahhh, battaaaahh!" "Hit it to the gahhhhdinaaahhhhh (the Gardiner)!!" etc., etc. And of course, the game was not complete without the good ol' "wave" around the dome and a sing-a-long of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame". Cheesy to the nth degree.

Funniest thing I heard in the news this morning: "A-Rod's a Yankee Doodle Randy". And while we're on sport news:
  • KOBE BRYANT WANTS TO BE TRADED FROM THE LAKERS! wtfffffff
  • Blue Jays' right-fielder, Alex Rios is hot

No comments: