Sunday, May 27, 2007

Lazy Dog Days

It's a bleary Sunday afternoon. I'm sitting at Nam's house, both of us bored out of our skulls. He's playing with my Blackberry and I'm...just trying to get through the loud Vietnamese karaoke music his tenants are playing downstairs. I guess I didn't have anything better to do than to bus in this downpour to Nam's house and just be bored with someone else. Kathy and Mel went to Richmond Hill to play squash, which I would've joined if a.) I didn't hate squash so much, and b.) I didn't have a sprained finger with a splint (gotta love sport injuries). I was having a hell of a time trying to type with it on, and now that I've taken it off, it hurts to press the letters e and x. It's a good think I don't have much to say about sex with exes right now.

It feels like a waste of a weekend day just sitting around doing nothing productive, although I guess there's not much we can do (outside, anyway) while it's raining. Perhaps I'd even be up for a game of mid-day Poker had we not played last night.

Hm, it seems as if I'm starting to run out of things to do. That'll show me to be busy all at once: there's nothing left over to do since I've exhausted everything else. However, tomorrow I'm starting my hip hop dance classes. Perhaps that'll be my new 'thing' to keep me occupied for the next five weeks since my finger will put me out of commission for most other sports.

It's hard to transition into new things after you've gotten so used to a routine. They may seem mundane while you are doing them but they're so familiar. But after awhile you just end wondering when you got so boring.

I don't know what I'm complaining about. Some other people are working this weekend, or worse, have no job. I should just enjoy these 'dog days' and just be content with just sitting around with a good friend and not do much else. These are the types of days that I won't significantly remember (like a great touchdown or a good poker win) but one I will appreciate later when dog days are what I'll miss.

No comments: