Monday, May 07, 2007

Dance! Dance! Summer Dance! YAHOO!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah! I finally signed up for some hip hop classes beginning at the end of the month. Five weeks of dancing! YAY! I've wanted to do this for sooooo damn long. I can't really think of many people who would be as excited about paying to dance than me (besides maybe Jon or Megan) so I didn't really ask anyone to sign up with me.

Oh, oh. Do I dare join a social function all by my lonesome? Hell yes. I refuse to be one of those people who restrict themselves from doing anything just because they can't do it alone. The other day I ate all by myself at a restaurant because I felt like eating at a restaurant and no one was around. And how about that time I went to see Devil Wears Prada just because I really wanted to see the movie? Okay, so let's see: I've gone to the movies by myself, I've eaten in a restaurant by myself and now I've signed up and paid to join a social function by myself. I've skipped the 'Singles Social' scene (speed-dating, LavaLife) and moved ahead with 'Old Maid lifestyle'. Look at me, World: I'm all grown up. Heh heh heh....

I was provoked to take classes because I really do miss dancing. Real dancing. A few weeks ago I was at Cantina Charlies and I was dancing with this guy. He told me he didn't like the way I danced, which to be honest, floored me. WHAT! "I don't like the way you dance because the way you dance means I have to move." Oh geez. One of those people who thinks grinding and dry sex is 'real' dancing. NNNNNEXT! I was peeved by his comment and slightly offended. Thus, pushing me away from clubbing (although I sorta miss it) and to contemplate finding real dancers to dance with, even if I have to pay lots of money to do it.

This whole day has just been exciting for me, I have to say. My boss got me a nice Guess watch as a graduation gift and she took me out to Axia, an awesome Asian restaurant, for lunch. And nothing makes me happier than finally polishing off the huge pile of files on my desk at work. And just the other stuff in my life that has suddenly fallen into place. *sigh. Can it get better than this?

No comments: