Friday, December 01, 2006

Fuck the what!

Wow, I'm an e-moron. All these new internet lingoes keep springing out of everyone's asses and I struggle to keep up with them.

Me: I keep seeing 'FTW', what does that mean?

Alex: 'For the win'

Me: Oh

Alex: It's usually used in the sarcastic sense

Me: Aahh... this whole time I thought people were being ghey and spelling 'WTF' backwards, so in my head, I'm saying 'fuck the what'...

This reminds me of when I was learning to read and when I pronounced the word 'encyclopedia', it came out 'en-cil-lop-edia'. For the longest time I didn't realize how that word was actually pronounced. And it was a long time.

Is this what they call a 'learning disability'? Perhaps what I have is an e-learning disability.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I laughed for five straight minutes when you told me of 'en-sill-lop-pah-dee-ah'.