Sunday, August 13, 2006

Come back, Beautiful Stranger!

I don't really believe in love at first sight, but I sure as hell believe in lust at first sight. Has anyone ever met someone so mesmerizing and drop-dead hot and then can't believe your goddamn luck you'll likely never ever see them again because they live in another goddamn country?

I had this experience last night at Tonic when I went with the usual clubbing crew. I hadn't been back to Tonic in like, two years and I don't usually care to meet people at clubs. The last time I was there, let's just say it was 'memorable' (right, DevCuongDruJez?). This time, it was memorable again (in a better way). Tonic Nightclub is the place of memories!

I hooked up with this amazingly hot guy all night, who I happened to have been eyeing earlier, but didn't think I stood a chance (cuz when do I freakin' ever?). Preppy-thug look, shaved head, dreamy eyes, Filipino-looking. He was a good dancer and did I mention he was hot? And he was from New York. Worst luck, eh? I can't believe my bad luck that this guy was from out of town. It's karma, I suppose. This is from all those short midget guys who ever tried to dance with me at clubs and I rejected. Karma's a bitch.

If I didn't have inhibitions and common sense, he'd be making me breakfast, if you know what I mean. I don't really know much about him (don't really care to, at this point), except that he's from New York and his name is 'T'. Yeah, just the letter, not like, Tee, Tea or even Të. New York guys are so cool.

I now understand what propels someone to have one-night stands. If the boys and Meg weren't there with me, I have to wonder how far the evening would've gone. I'd like to think that I'm a level-headed, cautious and a common-sense kinda person who wouldn't go gallivanting with some beautiful stranger into the night. Sometimes those parts of me make for a very boring Me. However, I have seen poor judgement get the better of some people I consider 'not stupid', myself included. I wouldn't care what people thought of me (almost everyone), but I really wonder what I'd think of myself the morning after. I'm not the kind of person who refuses to regret any of their choices, but I do try to justify 'regrettable' choices I've made.

Bah well. It's all in the 'coulda, woulda, shoulda' past. And it should probably always stay that way... right?

Haven't we met

You're some kind of beautiful stranger

You could be good for me

I've had the taste for danger

If I'm smart then I'll run away

But I'm not so I guess I'll stay

Heaven forbid

I'll take my chance on a beautiful stranger

I looked into your eyes

And my world came tumbling down

You're the devil in disguise

That's why I'm singing this song

I looked into your face

My heart was dancing all over the place

I'd like to change my point of view

If I could just forget about you

-Madonna "Beautiful Stranger"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

T, like T-Bone.

It's okay, there'll be other hot guys with letters for names, I'm sure.