Sunday, August 06, 2006

The 48-Hour Chilling

This weekend (so far) has surely been full of surprises. I fully intended on staying home most of the time, cleaning or something while Mel studied for exams. But, no.

What turned into watching a movie at my house with Kathy and Nam turned into a hell of a past two days. Movie with Lam's turned into movies with more people, which turned into dinner, dinner turned into a raid of my liquor cabinet, drunkfest turned into sleepover at casa Lem, sleepover turned into sleep-in, sleep-in turned into breakfast at Ikea, breakfast turned into shopping at Ikea, shopping to more movies at casa Lam, movies turned into dinner at Lam's, dinner turned into trip to Fallsview, trip to Fallsview turned into several debts and one winning (Devlin -$200, Nam -$200, Lil -$200, Dru +$450) and finally Fallsview turned into semi-sleepover at my place until Alex gave up and went home. *whew. I don't know how I did it. I don't know how any of us did it. I didn't feel tired at all really in the past 48 hours until just after Alex left at 6am and I somehow woke up about 2 hours ago (9-hour power sleep)!! Turns out I was more exhausted than I thought.

This morning, as I was grabbing some late breakfast/lunch at the Fire Hall, I saw Dev. And then I realized:

K, guys. I think we need to take a break from each other (not a break up). 48 hours of hanging out is way too much of being with each other (especially poor Alex who's been wearing the same clothes for 2.5 days o_o). We gotta start carrying extra toothbrushes and clean underwear with us from now on. And after this weekend, I don't want to see the whites of any of your eyes in the next two weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we saw eachother again today...after ALL THAT.

Anonymous said...

i kno eh kathy... lil got bored and came running back to us... which turned into yet another dinner and movie lounging. LOL.