Saturday, January 19, 2008

Tokio Hotel in Toronto!

YAY!!

Alas, some good great news for 2008!! One of my favourite bands (yes, bands. I do listen to other things besides hip hop music) Tokio Hotel is coming to Canada. They are a punk (?) rock band from Germany, and they've been quite successful in Russia, France, etc.

They aren't well-known here unless you're a foreign music lover who haunts foreign websites for foreign music (i.e. music) and has probably downloaded questionable bugs from questionable Russian websites just to get their music. I'm hopeful it won't be too crazy with screaming chicks (as it is in Europe). Unfortunately, it's all ages. The greatest thing that can happen that night is that I can meet the band...?! Just a pic would be nice. I don't think I'd be able to engage in a great conversation with them since they hardly speak English (their English album is treading the English language).

The premise: The group is comprised of four guys (yes, I know, the lead singer is just very pretty) from some small town in Germany, two of which are identical twins (the lead singer and the guitarist who looks like a wigga). They started out when the youngest were 14 or something (which is why a lot of their German music sounds like a child is singing---that's because a child is singing) and they became really popular in Germany. Like, boy band-popular: screaming girls, panties in the mail, groupies, more screaming girls. That kinda popular. I guess I can see the appeal. I was once a teenage girl. The thing that gets me is they are very open about their sexuality (in that they're slutty... lol) and they're so young. Hey, at least they're honest. That's what I like about them. Most of the content of their music is about revolution, making changes, not being told what to do, blah blah blah... I guess some people would call it 'emo' (but I'm still trying to figure out what 'emo' means).

I am inviting everyone and anyone who is willing to join me or listen to a new band. The tickets are only $15 and it will be held at The Mod Club Theatre on February 10 at 8 pm. Feel free to check out their music firsthand or you can ask me to send you their English album. I don't really expect lots of people to jump on board so quickly. In fact, I'm even willing to go all by myself if I have to. I haven't been this excited about a concert since I won Hanson concert tickets when I was 13.

Here I am 10 years later, and I'm acting like some crazed teenager. At least I'm a bit more dignified about boy bands now. However, I don't have a weird love-obsession with Tokio Hotel (P.S. half the members are barely legal) as I did with Hanson. I just like how unique and good their music is. One thing that awes me is that there are two identical twins in the band and they look and act as different as night and day. Besides, we all know how much I love foreign music (and men). I'm still waiting to hear of BoA or Namie Amuro to come to Canada. I'd be on that like white on rice (no pun intended).

Anyway, Tokio Hotel tickets go on sale tomorrow (today) at 10 a.m., so lemme know and I can bulk purchase.

MUST. REMIND. SELF. TO. ORDER. BEFORE. LEAVING. FOR. SNOWBOARDING.

Here's a clip of them performing at the Europe MTV Awards in Munich. Um...ignore the boo-ing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey does anyone have tickets for there show in toronto, at the mod club let me know please. if your willing to sell or know anyone that is willing to sell them. I need 2 tickets. my email is dikzcandotrikz@hotmail.com or daika_f@yahoo.ca thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

i saw their video on much; quite the achievement these days. now that his voice has changed, i have to admit bill is hot, therefore so his is brother. but we all know i have a weakness for men in make-up. the twins are very unique looking. they were adorable little kids, but adorable in the unique way, not the white bread boring way.
anyway, i wish i had gone because i do like them.

spinderella said...

Aw man, next time they're in Toronto, I'm taking you to see Tokio Hotel. But I'm going to have to splurge on tickets where I don't have to stand around the screaming teeny boppers.