Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Eazy Peezy

I didn't get to do everything I wanted to do this weekend -- I did more.

Awhile ago, a client from the States needed a work permit to come to Canada. We got him the work permit, and while he was up here, his entire family died in a car accident back home. To top it off, it was around the holidays. I know, it's quite tragic and it's the most awful way to end the year. Friends and family won't leave him alone because they are afraid of what he might do. That's how I'm feeling right now.

As difficult as it is for me to express my feelings, it's amazing how some people see right through me when I say "I'm fine". I wish I was that intuitive with others. But truthfully, emotionally I'm feeling better than say, two weeks ago. Physically, though, I think I'm getting sick. Fffffuck.

This past weekend I planned on doing some stuff around the house like fix my dad's computer (ha! Or attempt to), fool around with my new bread maker, clear out some of my shit... but lo and behold, I fell back into my old ways: I went clubbing on Friday (really enjoyed the company) and on Saturday, Sarah and I went snowboarding at Blue. Despite the unseasonably balmy weather and the following freeze, the boarding conditions weren't as bad as I had feared. I really just went to let off some steam and lately I have felt like just being reckless. I attempted several Black Diamond trails and didn't die. Hooray for me. I think I'll forgo taking lessons this year and just lose the sense of fear [of dying] to help me get better at boarding. Ha.

On Sunday afternoon, I went downtown and met up with Ish for lunch and did some shopping. I haven't seen or talked to her in several months but it's amazing how well she still knows me. Although she's been going through some of her own personal shit, she knows how to spit the wise words to me.

Sarah and I tried 'hot yoga' last night, which was interesting. It's basically yoga in a sauna-like room. I hate saunas, so this was definitely a challenge. To my surprise, I actually enjoyed it (Sarah not so much). Maybe it was because I was doing something I previously hated and that made me enjoy it more. Does that make sense? *shrugs* Okay, from now on, I'm going to do things I previously hated and try to enjoy them. It will change my Karma, y/n? I think I might actually be getting more into this yoga thing. No, I don't feel entirely relaxed after it (or during it, still having trouble breathing) and I don't think I'm losing weight or getting toned by doing it. I think I like it because it's just so damn easy. Perhaps this is what I do 'wrong' in Life: do things the hard way. For once, I'm going to try and take the easy route.

No comments: