Saturday, September 22, 2007

Instant Karma Got Me

As many know, I'm not a religious person. In fact, I don't even really believe in it. But that's beside the point I want to make. Generally, I am not of one religion.

Which is weird because I'm a big believe in Karma. Not necessarily in the spiritual sense, though. 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you' (or something like that). I believe that, and not just because Jesus said it (or whoever) but because it just makes sense! Also, believing in Karma allows me to have a reason for why bad things happen to good people, particularly me.

I think I've encountered some bad 'relationship Karma' recently.

Last night I went to Metro, not realizing that I was there about a month ago. Wow, my memory is either leaving me or I've really partied way too much (which explains the memory loss?). When we got there, I remembered that we were there, and I remembered how much the guys at Metro on this particular night were bad: bad dancers, bad personalities, bad dressers. Bad.

Let's rewind to a month ago: the last time we were there (also the fateful night I got my very first traffic ticket), a guy came up to me and started talking to me. He seemed nice and to be honest, I wasn't really looking at him because I generally don't. Usually guys will talk to me and leave, so what's the point in really paying attention to them? Anyway, I can't remember his name, where he's from or anything else really, except that he gave me his card. Needless to say, I was in possession of that card for about 5 minutes before it was ripped to shreds by a certain someone.

So last night, I could feel someone eyeing me. Not just in the 'checking out' sense, but in the 'burning holes in the back of my head' sense. I danced with Jonny because that's the thing to do in this place to get rid of unwanted attention (sorta). Someone gave me a lil pinch and I turned around and this guy said, "Hey, aren't you from Mississauga?". Whoa. I have fans already? Nice.

"Yeeah...."

"You were supposed to call me."

"What....?"

(more incoherent talking)

I shrugged.

He left.

And then it hit me. It was the same guy who gave me his number last time. And in a better light, that guy was cute hot. Oh shit.

Guilt is one feeling that was settling into me. For the rest of the night, I actually kinda tried to find him again, but obviously couldn't (maybe because I could hardly remember what he looked like? DAMMIT!).

So there you have it. Karma is a bitch, ain't it? Yeah, it wasn't my fault that the number got ripped up (and I'm not mad at that certain someone, it's my fault for showing it to other people), but in reality I probably wouldn't have called at that time, anyway. That's probably worse. Or not really, at least I would've had his number and then call him after that second encounter. I could rationionalize that he probably gives out his card alot anyway, but then again, he remembered as much where I was from and even what I looked liked, and we briefly met a few weeks ago. Dammit.

Moral of the story: keep numbers you get and file them away because you never know when you'll get a second chance and get to see them in a better light.

No comments: