Saturday, April 21, 2007

The First Day of the Rest of Our Lives

It's been over 24 hours since I had my very last exam of college ever. Oddly enough, it doesn't feel weird. It'll probably hit me on Monday (because I don't usually have classes on Friday). Or perhaps it'll hit me at convocation in June. Or September, when I have nowhere else to go but work.

Look out, World! Comin' atcha! I think many most of us were scratching our heads when we left the last exam (OMG Employment Law, you raped me for the last time!). "What now?" I suppose that is the question on most fresh grads. There's no one telling you to apply for school, no more people guiding you to the next step. No one telling you to get on the school bus.

As for some of us, our temporary answer to "What now?" was "Fox and the Fiddle", which is a bar down the street from our school. About half the class (yes, half. That's about 30 of us) met up, got drunk and had ALOT of laughs, mostly from the memories and impersonations of past memorable professors and those characters from our class. My good ol' camera captured all of those in video. I'm still debilitating over whether I should post the videos because I guess I could see how some all can pose an ethical issue as to the people who are being impersonated and the people who are doing them. And, of course, they wouldn't be amusing to everyone because they won't get the jokes. Maybe I'll just upload them to YouTube and set it for 'private' and send to a selected few, with the risk of it leaking to everyone. Hmm, I need one of those video editing programs to maybe edit out names? Someone tell me what to do!!!

Oh, the videos are sooooo much better!

No comments: