Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Ballin' and Bawlin'

Hm, don't you hate it when your body aches so much it hurts to even step off a sidewalk? Yeah, that sucks and that's what I got going on right now. It hurts to walk, it hurts to laugh, it hurts to sit. Ohhhh, I'm either really under-active or I'm being punished for all those years I've avoided (but didn't totally write off) playing sports. Perhaps this is a sign that I should finally sit down to do my taxes. I think the last time I played a sport (besides, snowboarding which is more of an activity for me since I do it so rarely) was when I was chasing boys in highschool.

With my newfound free time (not really, TAXES DUE IN LESS THAN A WEEK, Y'ALL!) I decided that the weekend was the best time to start my 'get toned' summer resolution. Step One: get good outdoor weather. And that we did this weekend. 20+ degrees balmy temperatures beckoned me to go to the beach which I did for a few hours for rollerblading (something else I haven't done since highschool). Step Two: once you start, don't stop. Honestly, when I get something going, I don't want to/can't stop. Dance, work, exercise, reading, sex, anything. Well, I kinda had to stop on Saturday night. Later that night, after wasting a day's worth of exercise with Harvey's (but I got a salad, too), we went to the movies (Fracture starring That Guy from The Notebook) and then Failte's Irish Bar to pop Kathy's Bar-cherry. Funnily enough, she suggested going to a bar this weekend and then she promptly left her ID in Waterloo. Luckily I got charm and game, and I managed to talk the bouncer into letting her in sans ID. I know, I know: I rock.

^Alex is a perv. STOP TOUCHING YOURSELF

^What an excellent place to put a WALL

So the next day, someone came up with the brilliant idea to play basketball, baseball, football and volleyball in one day. I had a big bitchfest with Cuong, got tackled by his 190lb-brother (and still played the next down), I got a big cut on my arm and I got sand in places where sand should not be. I don't know how I stayed fully conscious and functional for all four but I managed to make it to Tremendous and not fall asleep in my plate of snails. MmmmmZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The next morning, it wasn't too bad. I was a little sore but not aching. By the end of the day, I wanted to scream bloody murder. I needed a massage badly, even if I had to go to Blue Lagoon down the street for a massage ...and then some. This morning, I believe it got worse. It hurt to get up, it hurt to do everything. Luckily my boss told me last night that I could come in a bit late today because I don't know how I would've made it in otherwise. I had to sit through a meeting, run office errands, do my usual office stuff in my stature. It basically sucked. I now remember why I don't play that many sports. Back to my sitting workout.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going for a 32 km run on Sunday, you should come! :D

spinderella said...

Paul, what did I tell you? I don't run voluntarily, only when I'm being chased by a bear.