Sunday, April 08, 2007

All good things start with an end

I am feverishly trying to finish a paper. I really really really want to finish this paper by the end of tonight so I can move on to the next but it seems unlikely and it makes me sad. For this paper, I have to first read a paper by some French guy named Pierre Bourdieu on 'A Social Critique of the Judgment of Taste'. Unfortunately, I think he originally wrote this paper in French ('La Distinction, critique sociale du jugement')and some yahtz translated it quite awfully. Some Most of these sentences, aren't even proper. Goddamn Frenglish.

On my desk, I also currently have all my notes I have gathered from all my classes this semester for studying. In another pile I have a bunch of stuff I need to file for taxes due at the end of April and in a third pile I have stuff I need to file away in at least 3 different places. These piles make me grimace because every time I sit down to my computer, I am reminded of all the looming things that need to be pushed out of the way, at least by month's end.

However, if I turn to my slight left, there is my calendar with a list of things I have to look forward to, literally the minute I am finished my last exam: bar-hopping with the classmates, keggers, parties, bonfires, camping, road trips... and all this within the first month! How 'bout that? Of course, these all come with a price. The price of passing this final semester.

So off I go.

No comments: