Sunday, September 25, 2005

Wanted: a job. And a life.

I've been unemployed for about a month now and I'm beginning to feel the wrath of it. While I'm not completely broke and I do have a lot saved up, I know the balance of my savings account will not be the same in a few months and I need to prevent this travesty with a job. Now that everyone's gone away and busy with school, I suddenly have a ton of time on my hands and school hasn't been overwhelming (yet), so getting a job now would be ideal. Does anyone know anyone who's hiring? I must admit it's going to be hard to find a job to top the job I had at Boys and Girls, but I have to grin and bear it. Break out the ol' resume, dust it off, update it and send it out. *sigh, why does job-hunting have to be so hard? Tomorrow I'll troop down to the YMCA Employment Centre and check out what's good, though I'm doubtful anyone (especially in office) would hire a student who's had a lot of different types of jobs but isn't particularly good at one job. BAahhhh, I need optimism. I guess I have been lacking that nowadays. I think I'm lethargic or something because nothing really excites me or gets me moving nowadays. Except for shopping. But that's not really productive, wallet-wise. What to do, what to do... I suppose I could take up some sort of hobby. I really wish the snow would fall right about now so I can break out my snowboard and go for a few runs whenever I'm feeling restless. Okay this entry's making me feel sad. lol. I think I will go dig up my resume and fiddle around with it. ~lates.

No comments: