Sunday, December 16, 2007

Unbecoming

I am usually annoyed by this time of year. Being a Scrooge this time of year is my thing. I'm not in the best mood at this point of the season: The rush to spend obscene amounts of money (on me). Trampling children in the mall. Shoveling that white crap on my driveway. The Christmas music. Oh, god, I think the Christmas music is the worst.

I used to be frustrated because this time is exam time, but now it's more frustrating that I'm not in exam time and others are. I am disabled from seeing the people I want to see/talk with because they've got other things to do.

However, as of recent state, all those annoying things have seemed to have dissipated (for now) in comparison to the things that I should be (and what most people are) looking forward to this season: the get-togethers, the parties, the ski trips, friends, family and lovers (fingers crossed).

I can't wait for the trip to Vermont in one and a half weeks. I can't wait to see the looks on those Americans when they find out we're from Canada (or the fact that we're Asian). The 8-hour drive is gonna be trying, but I believe I've gone through worse with these people (*ahem* The Road Trip With All the Fighting: to and from white-water rafting).

I haven't really decided what I'm doing for New Years, but I'm sure it won't be anything spectacular since I'll be back the day before New Years Eve. I'm also looking at this trip as an opportunity for an outlet to leave the bad and the worst of '07 behind before I come back to Canada and begin a new year of more bad, worst, and hopefully good and great. Am I making sense? No? Perhaps it'll make more sense when I come back.

No comments: