Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Lt th gd tms rll

Is it a sign that you're a workaholic when you attempt to make up for loss work time because of a long weekend? That's what I did today. I'm such a loser. *does the L sign on the forehead

Ahh, the country became a year older this weekend and I became a bit more prone to wrinkles from the sun. Ugh, right now I can feel the fatigue and the wear and tear from the sun on my face. Nevertheless, they are the signs of a superfantastic weekend away at Megan's cottage.

How cliché is it that I went up to the cottage on a long weekend? It's a cliché because I spotted about half a dozen other long-weekend-at-the-cottage photo albums on Facebook. CLICHÉ.

It's really amazing the amount of stuff me and the comrades accomplished in only three days:

  • swam in the lake
  • took out my raft (which promptly got a rip when Cuong made me snag the dock)
  • barbequed
  • went for a spin on a paddleboat
  • swam in the lake
  • went fishing
  • swam in the lake
  • played and fed some retrievers that kept coming around
  • swam in the lake
  • waterfights
  • swam in the lake
  • too many eating competitions with the guys
  • swam in the lake
  • taught Meg's parents how to speak in a Jamaican accent (Nam)
  • watched movies
  • swam in the lake
  • bought a canoe (Kathy and Iljya)
  • swam in the lake
  • threw someone in the lake (me)
  • swam in the lake
  • played volleyball
  • swam in the lake
  • had some fights and other tense moments
  • swam in the lake
  • egg-squeezing contest (apparently it can't scientifically be done, but Nam tends to defy science-- egg yolk was EVERYWHERE)
  • swam in the lake
  • proved to Cuong that he is capable of being drunk
  • swam in the lake
  • karaoke
  • swam in the lake
  • got drunk and drunk and drunk
I really wish we had time to swim in the lake, though. I also wish the weather was better. All week I was looking forward to 30-degree weather, and instead I was greeted with inconsistent weather: one minute it would be balmy, the next minute it would hail. Like trying to please a woman, eh, guys? Special shoutout to Meg's parents for the hospitality and the homecookin'.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cuong got drunk an i missed it? damn. you'll have to do it again.

spinderella said...

HAHA I don't know if he'll ever drink again. I heard him puking all morning because the walls were paper-thin. It was awful.

Anonymous said...

Areola!