Saturday, July 07, 2007

Summer Bummer

You know what's strange? It doesn't feel like summer to me at all. I mean, weather-wise, it sorta is, but it doesn't feel like summertime to me. Y'know, the sleeping in 'till noon, watching TV all day, naps in the middle of the day...

Today I slept in until about 2 pm. 2 pm!! I looked at my clock and almost flipped out. I don't think I've done that since ... I dunno. It could be in due part because we came back from Waterloo at like 4 am (don't ask why). It's 5:30 pm right now and I'm feeling really tired, like I want to take a nap. Isn't that sick? I have to go out at about 6:30 for dinner with the sibs, but I'm also seriously thinking of crashing for like half an hour first. Is it just me or does that seem like a big waste of time?

I guess after you graduate, every 'summer' is just like any other time of the year. How sad is that? There's nothing waiting for you to go to in September. No wonder people stay in school as long as they can. They're not constantly failing, they just never want to lose that feeling of 'summer'.

It's my fault, really. I could be proactive and at least try to make it feel like summer for myself. That's the problem with me. I tend to wait/expect/yearn for things to happen, instead of making them happen for myself.

*yawn*. I think I will take that nap.

No comments: