Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Gotta love those Swag Parties

The best thing about beer companies is that they have so much money that they have the ability to give out so much swag. I know this from personal experience as I've worked at several beer-related events and I've gotten alot of beer swag from all my odd jobs as a bartender. What am I gonna do with 20 over-sized beer shirts?

I think because I've worked for Molson Canadian, I somehow ended up getting an invitation for some Coors Light Maxim Golf party. The invitation was pretty vague but I really knew what it meant: swaaagggggggg.

That's the only reason I decided to go. I don't like drinking beer but I do like free shit. I was able to bring two friends, so Mel and Konrad came with me. What better two people who don't have the integrity to shy away from free shit...and be able to admit it, too.

It turns out we had to play a couple games in order to get the swag. Konrad and I, the most determined, couldn't even one game! Then, of course, my sister totally "meliminated" those games and actually won a cool shirt. Konrad and I were hell-bent on getting something we just grabbed a couple hats and bounced. Ha. That's the way life goes, I guess: those of us who are willing to work hard and earn shit...and the other 90% of people who will push you down to get shit.

Along with getting free stuff, Konrad sure knows how to get his ladies. He must've made half the Coors Light Caddy girls blush with all the lines he was layin' on them. True playa for real.

As if the ladies and free hat he got weren't enough, he even had the balls to try and weasel his way to get Mel's shirt. In the end, they ended up trading....temporarily.

No comments: