Tuesday, September 09, 2008

All right, I'm Fine, Nevermind

*sigh I'm doing it again. I haven't updated in a long while. I dunno why whenever I don't update, I feel sort of guilty. I feel like I've gone south and have lost the will to do anything. To be honest, it's been quite the opposite for me lately. Especially for the month of August, which is, I guess why I've failed to update this thing.

Also, I couldn't find my camera cord for awhile and there was a bunch of pictures I wanted to upload. The pictures will tell the stories of what I've been up to so I won't go too much into it.

However, I will discuss one thing: I am no longer a virgin ... of dyed hair. About a month ago, I finally decided I would do what I've wanted to do for years, ever since I was a kid. I remember watching Days of Our Lives way back when (when it wasn't so gay and preposterous) and I remember Hope Brady had a wicked dye job where she had one lone blonde streak in her chestnut hair. Whenever her hair was up, you would see this simple streak. I thought it was awesome.

So on a Friday afternoon, exhausted from a long day of work, I trooped over to my salon, got my hair re-mulleted and asked her to do this peculiar dye job. I'm pretty sure she's hardly been asked to do one blonde streak under someone's hair before. In fact, the incredulous look on her face when I demonstrated what I wanted told me that I had made a good choice because probably no one else has it. And I was right. I did not regret it one bit.

Konrad said it looked (and seemed?) kinda emo. I did not disagree.

Initially I got it done because I've always wanted that kind of dye job as I thought it looked cool, but over the weeks, I've grown to want to maintain it for awhile because I've discovered several things. I kind of understand now why people get tattoos. It's kinda symbolic, and signifies a sort of representation of how one sees one's self or reminds them of an epiphany. I think I also understand why some people turn to drugs and stuff whenever they feel bad or at their worst. Dying my precious, full and healthy hair was a way of self-inflicted damage to myself without the drugs or razors.

Finally, the overall look kinda represents how I've been feeling lately and will probably feel for a long time: normal over all, but a part of me is still damaged (I think it's safe to say that that dyed chunk of hair will be forever damaged from the peroxide).

And now, the Month That Never Ended:

^Jays' game ^Paramore concert ^Look what I got stuck behind!! ^Paramore ^I won over $200 in Poker, bitches! ^Why I don't drink milk. ^You know your friends are dorks when: they put together a Bridge-building competition for shits and giggles ^What was left of Constantine's bridge after he dropped it that morning ^The Winners ^Bridge was still in progress before he took his back out

No comments: