Friday, September 19, 2008

You Can Always Depend on the Kindness of [rich] Strangers

Once in awhile, I am reminded of how perhaps not everyone in the world is a complete selfish, self-absorbed, money-hungry, sexed-up jerk.

This morning I was running late for work (but who's checking?) and it didn't help that I was stuck at the Starbucks drive thru for an absurdly time. When I approached the window to pay for my equally absurdly expensive coffee, the barista advised me that the person ahead of me had paid for my drink!

Huzzah! I don't really know why they paid for my coffee. Perhaps they felt guilty for having ordered many coffees, thereby causing the line up to accrue behind them. Perhaps they admired my superfly 1994 Volvo with a honking bird shit on the window. Perhaps they thought I was cute (although flattered, middle-aged women are not my cup of tea). Either way, I just want to give a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to the woman in the black BMW SUV for my double tall peppermint mocha with whipped cream! You don't know how much that made my day.

No comments: