Monday, April 14, 2008

Madonna Arms

I'm so proud of myself. I'm usually such a weak duckling. Anything that makes me break even a drop of sweat, I'm on the floor panting and ready to go to sleep. I can't even climb a flight of stairs without losing my breath.

It serves me right for not being in the best shape and avoiding all types of physical activity throughout most of my adolescence. I think I've realized alot of people tend to do things for me, because they assume/know that I can't do it or will just struggle with it: carrying canoes, opening bottles, carrying shopping bags, opening doors, carrying my gym bag...

I appreciate it all and I apologize for being a weak princess, guys.

But tonight, I think I can prove everyone wrong that I'm not weak ass. I did kick boxing and hip hop dance all in one night! How 'bout them apples?

I can't believe I can still lift my arms, but I can.

Kick boxing is one of the hardest things I've ever had to physically do. On Saturday, I did wall-climbing and it was a piece of cake compared to this. Tackling a wall was so much easier than tackling a punching bag or trying to do crunches (or basically anything else that requires me to pull my own weight). Nevertheless, I will continue going because I've never really worked hard in my life. I might as well pay $15 a night and do it once a week. Besides, it kinda feels like a drug because it suppresses my bad thoughts, like alcohol.

My biggest fear, though, is doing this more and more and getting Madonna Arms. What are Madonna Arms? They are when arms become atrocious and produce revolting and unsightly veins muscles... like the guns that Madonna currently has. I don't know what she does to get them, but I surely hope it's not a combination of kick boxing, hip hop dance, yoga, wall-climbing and Poker, because I will quit all at once if it is.

Everyone assures me that this will never happen but I swear, every time I look in the mirror and move my arm in a way that it kinda flexes, I see the 'seedlings' of Madonna Arms. Ugh. I began this quest to be physically stronger so that I could be emotionally stronger, not to become a Muscle Mary.

1 comment:

Manoon said...

The photo on the right is a fake !!
So u don't have to worry lol